How is Matilda different to a voice assistant like Google Home or Alexa?August 22, 2022
The fundamental differences between voice assistants like Google Home or Alexa and Matilda are:
At a technology level:
- Matilda can operate without the internet, whereas voice assistants like Google Home or Alexa cannot operate without the internet.
- Matilda has its own private network (ensuring privacy) which enables it to be connected locally to Bluetooth and Wi Fi enabled smart devices.
- Matilda can scan its environment 270 degrees in 3D for detecting, tracking and communicating with its human partners.
At an interaction level:
- Matilda is underpinned in inclusive design and has been evidenced to engage people with dementia, autism, and learning disabilities
- Matilda with its shape, baby-like face, emotive expressions and gestures is more believable and trustworthy among its human partners.
- Matilda can interact in 30 languages in an offline and private mode.
- Matilda with its ability to move its head 270 degrees in 3D is able to track and interact with its human partners in a wider space.
Optimized by: Netwizard SEO